A 'one-off' consultation visit to advise on basic garden design, layout, landscaping materials, planting schemes and horticultural advice.
A complete design service for gardens of all sizes. From the initial visit through to the implementation of the new garden.
- The process begins with an initial consultation to meet and assess the garden site, to talk through ideas, styles, features and to determine what you want from your garden.
- Design Work. An accurate site survey is required to determine the aspect, boundaries, ground levels, soil conditions, existing trees, plants and features. If the garden is small and level this can be carried out by Jo. Where the site is large or complex Jo will arrange for a Topographical survey to be carried out by a Chartered Land Surveyor.
- From the information gathered, a series of concept drawings are developed. These will include sketches of the proposed scheme, planting ideas and suggested materials. Further discussions will lead to the preparation of the final layout plan.
- The layout plan will be a detailed and accurate scaled plan drawing in black and white, together with supporting notes and construction details. This plan will show details of the proposed garden features e.g. paving, lawns, paths, steps, water features, pergolas, planting areas etc. and will assist a landscape contractor to quote accurately.
- Introductions to landscape contractors, monitoring of the garden construction and planting can all be managed by Jo gardens
- A design only service is also available.